Nigerian singer Kizz Daniel has broken his silence regarding the alleged arrest in Ivory Coast.
He vehemently denied reports suggesting that he was arrested by CAF. In his own words, Kizz Daniel explained the situation:
“This might definitely get a lot of people in trouble, but damn, enough is enough.
- CAF didn’t deal with us directly; it was through an agent.
- The agent signed my contract, which states ‘no money, no performance.’
- I agreed to fly in regardless, after so many appeals and, of course, excuses on bank transfer delay, with the promise of receiving the money upon arrival in Abidjan.
- Till now, no payment, not even the alleged amount mentioned.
- I still chose to support CAF and went ahead to the venue to perform without payment, but unfortunately, my 3-minute performance slot was up.
- My team was assaulted backstage, and I decided to take my leave.
- I am not arrested by CAF or detained whatsoever.
- I am fine and heading to London for my show on November 12 at the O2 Arena, Wembley”, he wrote on Instagram